Tuesday, December 05, 2006

End of the 2006 dogs, and Antipodean training programme

Well Saturday was probably my last dogs run for 2006 - a fun, muddy and muddy 13-mile affair of near-immersion in ..er.. well.. mud, and School fetes - out to Anglesey, Horninsea and back via Fen Ditton Primary School, with Chris and Anna. Bright and sunny, and enlivened by encountering hung-over harriettes fumbling their way from their deep red haze of sleep to Fen Ditton along the towpath. Oh, and shouting at the Radegund first boat as they failed to either balance or keep any kind of time on the way home. (Mmmmm... did I mention the mud?)


Right: as today's collapse has conclusively proven that England's cricket team are congenitally unable to defeat the Antipodeans this year, I am shifting my marathon training to Australia. It will be instructive to see if running amongst people with their feet installed backwards improves my race-times at all, but at least it won't be as muddy. Probably.

At least I'll be leaving having nearly beaten Jim in an 11.7-miler! Wedding preparations obviously sap your strength, and The Day approacheth.. - we.. shall... seee...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home