Wednesday, May 10, 2006


I flew to Melbourne last week and ran in the 2006 Great Train Race (that's me in the white singlet on the left). The weather was terrible (pouring rain, cold and windy) but I wore the magic 'ruby slippers' and they made all the difference. They seemed to run up the hills by themselves ! I managed a little over 61 minutes ( over 13.2 kilometres ), which is about a minute over my PB but still better than I expected. The train 'ran' 54 minutes, which is a lot quicker than usual. I think it must have been 'race tuned' during the off season. I didn't even get close to beating it, though about 260 runners did ( out of a field of 3,000 ).


Sydney Marathon, Sunday 17/09/06 . Anyone interested ? I've already entered online. Have a look at ; http://www.sydneymarathon.org/

If we had the numbers, it would be a great time of year to subsequently charter a yacht in the Whitsunday Islands ; http://www.rentayacht.com.au/au/

Have we got any sailors out there ?

















1 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Rachelgolightly said...

I must admit I am tempted.....my masochistic streak says - hey a marathon, then a yacht (sea sickness here i come)..but it'll be warm and Aussie so I can disguise it as fun..what more could I want.

In all seriousness I may need to go to Sydney for business round about then, so it could be a winner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home