Sunday, January 21, 2007

Zen and the Art of Marathon Training

To: Winston
Subject: Flatline
Woke up feeling crap, so no pulse for me today... :-(
Have a good weekend!
- J

To: Julia
Subject: Re: Flatline
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...................
Clear!...........Phhut!.........
.........bip...............bip................bip........
There. Pulse restored. But take it easy anyway.
That was fun. I think I'll go and defibrillate the cat, he's been a bit lethargic today.
W

To: Winston
Just make sure you shave a patch first or you'll have to deal with that singed cat smell...


So I spent the entirety of saturday in my pj's, following Winston's advice instead of the training schedule's prescription. And it was lovely! I ran the washing machine four times (look Hermione, I'm writing about washing too!) and completed a thorough excavation of my desk. And I thought:
Oh but I should really run.
But I feel crap.
But I haven't done a long run since...
But I'm running because I like it!

I am hereby officially ambivalent about running this marathon. For now, I'm gonna train when and because it's fun. Maybe I'll run on April 15th, and maybe not. Either way, Paris is still the most lovely place to spend a long spring weekend.

Right now I like this plan. It has the potential to be more relaxed than the spring '06 plan (train for a marathon, write 40k words, and secure employment/immigration status).

And it's a new year - a good time for new plans, dancing in the Rad, and trips to the southern hemisphere (4 weeks tomorrow!).
Ommmmm...

1 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger Rachelgolightly said...

Welcome back...and I like the idea of Zen marathon training. I feel certain you will want to be a founder member of CAMNAS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home