Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The tyrrany of numbers

Third time out I shouldn't be so surprised by this, and yet once again I've drawn up a training program based on the FIRST program and spent the afternoon comtemplating it with a dull ache of dread in my guts.

The time until the race (15 weeks) seems short, as does the time before I'm meant to be training fast over 20 miles; less than 3 weeks. Holy shiggy!

On the other hand, the total mileage involved (almost 400 miles, about equivalent to running to Paris from home and then running the marathon twice) is pretty daunting, as is the time it will take me - between now and April 14th I'll spend over 48 hours running. This doesn't include hashing, or cross training, for which you can add another 30 hours.

Right, I'm definitely not doing another one. Again. Again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home