Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Science Park or Mine Field? You Decide.

So yes, I too was very much enjoying the Boundary Run, all that sunshine and fresh air, until an unfortunate encounter with a land mine around mile 18. Stumbling upon said ‘area denial munition’ denied me the rest of the run and left a rather messy hole in my left foot. Fortunately (?) I was already dosed with veterinary strength antibiotics for a previous injury, so now I’m hobbling, healing, and shopping for kevlar-reinforced running shoes -- no more exploding feet for me! Oh, and enjoying two lovely side effects of the gorillacillin: an ‘altered sense of reality’ as detailed in the Patient Information Leaflet, and my teeth tasting like a Habit/Fairy Liquid cocktail.

The foot, Monday

3 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Mother of All Blisters or Soft Target Takedown? Hmmmm.

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent picture. Looks like a nascent 11th toe.

Re-naming material!

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Intercontinental Ballistic Mistletoe?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home