Sunday, April 30, 2006

Back in the jug ....

If there's anything good about long-distance air travel I've forgotten what it is. I suppose its quicker than sailing, but really .... its almost agricultural. I spent the entire 24hr trip back to Sydney wedged in economy next to a 120kg gorilla who I swear was some kind of Serbian mercenary. After a while the right side of my upper body went numb, but I was too scared to say anything because much of the time he was engrossed in what appeared to be the East European equivalent of 'Soldier Of Fortune'. Such is life.

I landed at 5.30am Wednesday morning, two days after I left London (you lose a day on the way back), had a quick shower and was in the office by 7.30am rather than drop another day's annual leave (Winston, I'll explain how this works later). I had hoped for a quiet day, but it was not to be. I worked through until about 6pm and somehow managed to avoid losing money, felt sick with fatigue so went to the local pub where we have a regular table at the weekly trivia quiz. After a couple of beers I felt much, much better and we won the jackpot for the first time( about $500 !). I was in bed by about 9pm, but that morning and every morning since woke at 4am feeling quite bright and sparky. Very strange.

I haven't run since I got back, but looking forward to putting the 'ruby slippers' through their paces during 'Pain In The Domain' on next Tuesday. Its now a lot cooler in Sydney than it was, so heat exhaustion won't be an issue. Thanks everyone for making Paris such tremendous fun ..... what's the plan for next year ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home