Friday, December 22, 2006

27 Miles is a long way to go

My memories of running marathons are both fond and excruciating. Having run Edinburgh twice and recorded a good time, and succeeding it with a torn calf muscle at mile 11 the following year, I look back with mixed views. Two months of expensive physiotherapy saw me back on the road but with Paris being my first marathon in a few years I can't decide whether I'm looking forward to it or not. On balance, I think perhaps it's best to look forward to it, otherwise one might find training difficult. People who don't know me won't know that I'm obsessive about training, and that I really will do 4:45am every single day if its neccessary, or even if its not. Still, training for that as yet elusive 27th mile has so far, been much more fun then my previous exercising exploits, even if it has been without energy gels! My training partner has so far yet to complain about the program either, so I guess all is good.

Being a relatively new hasher, I look forward to the first really major running event, not counting the mudfest that was the Hereward Relay (I'm never running that again, until next year of course), with much aplomb, and trust that the run will be a nice one through the centre of a lovely city (depending on where you go!).

Here's hoping everyone's training is going well, or better then they expected, and here's to that 27th mile.

Have a good Christmas,

On-Inn
Russ/B.L.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home