Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas training schedule


There are many aspects to marathon training that are important, and this Christmas I have been concentrating on the correct mental state, plus some acclimatisation (sp?) in the event that that Paris turns out to be warmer as expected. Attached photo shows me deep in this arduous preparation.

Actually by Christmas Eve I was getting decidedly twitchy through lack of exercise and decided I just had to stretch my legs. As I was atop a mountain shortly after dark it was not the ideal time but I did manage a few hill reps. I wasn't observed by many, but those that did looked suitably in awe at the sight of a middle aged white man racing round in red kit with a light tied to his head. Perhaps the Santa legends started in a similar way?

Christmas day we were in flatter terrritory and I managed to get in a 10k through the back streets of the backwaters (Rachel will know what I mean). The passers by shouted out many things by way of encouragement (I think). My replies of "Merry Christmas" seemed not to be understood, even when I tried shouting it slower and louder. They really do need to have a better English standard in these Hindu schoools.

On On to Verkala and some beach training

Underwear

1 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Winston said...

>"Perhaps the Santa legends started in a similar way?"

Legend?????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home