Sunday, January 21, 2007

Wrestling my Demons

Been a bit quiet of late, because I've been busy wrestling with my demons. The demons being various textures of shiggy...now re-named "f***** mud'. In the soon to be infamous word of Esra - recent training runs have been utterly 'shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit'. With apologies to Breezeblock and Limpdick who kindly organised said runs and seem to be totally immune to the devil's spawn.

This week however has been a shiggy free week with a fine trip around the Folksworth 15 with Personal Trainer. Managed not to tantrum at him and in return he egged me on to an 8.30 final mile including a dirty great hill (wow the power of the Garmin nerdometer and all the new kit I've bribed myself with in the past few weeks).

All of this was secondary, of course, to the main event, the post race runners' cake. The Yaxley runners had laid on a veritable cornucopia of handmade delicacies, and for this they will be receiving the highest race commendation I can deliver through the runners world website.

As for my mental state going forward...roadrunning it is for me, and the formation of CAMNAS (Campaign for NO ARSING SHIGGY). Anyone wishing to sign up will be welcome to contribute to a book containing fine shiggy free runs, need not have a beard and should like beer.

On on.

1 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Julia said...

Congrats on your run and oh dear god, yes, sign me up!! Hope to see you tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home