Monday, January 23, 2006

The Week That Was Part II

With 24 hours to go to the start of the most important race of January, I sensed that my training needed a boost. With so little time to work with I had two choices - find a way to emulate an existing base of 100 miles or focus on my tools. So tools it was and I took my tootsies off for a much needed luxury spa, massage and pedicure down Mill Road. It did the trick and sporting my new haute couture thermal regulator (or bin liner as some people know them), there was a spring in my step as Winston and I stood on the start line of the Folksworth 15. Unfortunately the spring didn’t last long, as within 2 miles of the start the ‘undulating course’ turned out to be ‘distinctly hilly’. Would you believe it, one must have been as steep as 1 in 100! Thank goodness for hill camp, it really stood me in good stead, and allowed me to beat my old nemesis ‘Mr Ely Runners’ (last trounced on the mountains of 2005 Bury 20). Sadly Winston didn’t fair so well, and the martyrometer must surely swing his way as he now has a bad case of Baboon Bott. On On Marahashers.

1 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Jim said...

Steve, do we have an antipodean response?

Winston, can we expect some (photo?)graphic description of your red face / arse as described by Rachel?

Everyone else, pitch in - where should the meter be? Left, middle or right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home