Monday, January 16, 2006

Sunday 15/01/06 - 'The Western Wanderer'. Supposedly 30km of the Parramatta Inlet, but once again I succumbed to the irresistable charms of a couple of short-cuts, so the distance came down to about 25km. A recent cool change meant that the ambient temperature at the start was in the chilly mid-20's so on this occasion I wouldn't have worn my ice vest, even if I had one (memo to self ; invent ice vest). Having avoided all forms of exercise the previous day I didn't feel too bad initially, but the endless hills soon wore me down. At least I didn't resort to walking though I did have some quite strange chest pains and towards the end, a desperate desire to throw-up. Don't ask me about the time, but I know it was slow.

I've got a cunning plan to improve my speed training. I'm going to the gym tonight. I'm going to set the treadmill at 4 min km's and stay on it until it spits me off the back. What's your market ?

2 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Jim said...

So, people, votes for the martyrometer, please!

I didn't manage to add any English martyrdom, since I had 'flu and had to skip running :-(

Will it be Winston and crew mucking around in the lakes, or Steve trying to give himself an early coronary in the heat?

+1 for Steve from me.

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The roo gets it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home