Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Herd instinct

Due to a frantic hunt for some keys - any keys - I was rather late to last night's hash. Which gave me ample opportunity to admire the size of the circle (oo-eer missus) as I locked up my bike.

Wot a lot of folks. All enthusiastic in their pursuit of the good things in life, like, er, flour. This works in our favour as we charge across town, intimidating local scallies and bewildering new undergraduates with aplomb, but once we reach the on-inn, the atmosphere changes. Thoughts of the inevitable lengthy queue for the bar become uppermost, and the resulting sprint home is rarely pretty, as our on the spot photojournalist can attest:


Still, it means I can ignore all those annoying entries in my training schedule saying vague things like 10 x 1 min fast, 2 minute recoveries. I have a much more serious test for a Monday night: 1 x 5 minutes near death, 1 week recovery. I am confident that once I have worked out a means of reproducing the Radegund's bar every 10k around the Barcelona course, I shall be on the verge of a famous victory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home