Thursday, November 08, 2007

'Summer makes me drowsy, Autumn makes me sing, Winter's pretty lousy, but I hate Spring'

(With apologies to Ms D Parker)

Fireworks night is over.

The Hash has a new king (queen).

Geese are travelling south.

Or any combination of the above. Anyway, all of these seasonal cues make me look forward to spring and wonder whether there isn't something missing from my life.

[Pantsonfire pauses. Thinks]

[Runs upstairs]

[Returns]

No, I did remember to pick the children up. So what could it be?

Anyone?

4 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger Jim said...

You lack a target in your life.

Perhaps you could get a spouse or loved one to set a better PB than you in a marathon so you can aim at that?

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Your beloved and I were discussing this on the way back from playing with the tidal surge yesterday. Quite clearly, you need to get out windsurfing once again. There's nothing like a dose of freezing salt water up an unsuspecting orifice to make one appreciate the mundane things in life...

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Hermione said...

Thanks for your thoughts. Attractive as option b) is I can't help thinking that if I were going to go down the colonic route I would prefer it to be combined with a darling little clinic somewhere in Switzerland, where green tea and aromatherapeutic massage came as part of the package.

So option a) it is then. Now as a bonus question: Paris or Barcelona?

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Tch! Running is dull. How about we throw some chocolate into the deal? Plus you get to wear skin-tight rubber clothes, and make appreciative 'oooooh! aaaahh!' noises as your husband demonstrated his athletic prowess...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home