Saturday, January 28, 2006

Marahashing versus Athleticism



What a glorious day! I was quite inspired at the prospect of a long run. Sadly, my body wasn’t. I’d spent a delicious Friday evening flirting wildly with Big Hands ((swoon) a rugby man who gave me all the inside information on Johnnie (double swoon)) and had consumed rather a lot of fine St John’s wine in the process. The twin prop taxiing down the runway at the airport did little for my pounding head, and when I bumped into my fellow running Hyper-twiglet Jonathan in Cherry Hinton I was trying very, very hard not to yunder. I summoned my inner reserves, pressed on and by the time I was on top of the Gogs, the hangover had passed and I felt fantastic. It was at this point that I realised what sets us marahashers apart from other mere athletes. Do you think Paula has to run and simultaneously metabolise last night’s booze binge?? I don’t think so.

On on marahashers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home