Friday, December 28, 2007

Suffration

Somebody, please help. I have a bad case of suffration. I've got my flight to Barcelona and I've got my entry. I've promised myself (and widely publicised) no shiggy or dykes this year. Also, I thought I'd bribe myself with some shiny new kit. I've been doing calf exercises semi-seriously since September, and I've even been for the odd jog. The overall conditions are good for March 1st, but suffration has set in: I am suffering from the frustration of vaguely wanting to run Barcelona, whilst actually I simply can't be arsed.

I've been through many marahashing ups and downs before, but this one is proving more tricky. It's 2 months to the day. The training schedule says I should have run 50 million miles this week. Instead, I have just recovered from my Christmas Eve hash hangover and eaten a hundred weight of food.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what to do next? I was thinking about starting on the After Eights forthwith.

2 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Hermione said...

Yup, I've gone down with an advanced case of suffration too, but my Minority Report facility accurately foresaw the epidemic and prevented me from entering the race or organising any accommodation.

Instead of feeling smug, however I am feeling fat and rather rudderless. You just can't win...

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Steve said...

You've got five weeks ... train hard for three, and then taper the last fortnight. Instead of training by distance,train by duration ; I'd suggest 1:2:3 ie. 1hr on Wednesday, 2hrs on Friday and 3hrs on Sunday. With a bit of luck, that should be enough to get you over the line without too much trauma.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home